November 17, 2012

Enjoy Thanksgiving

 

Country Home
 

Isn't that an idyllic Thanksgiving table?  I love the mismatched chairs, the multitude of colorful pumpkins, the colors of fallen leaves reflected in the colors used on the table, a few quilts thrown over hay bales and of course, the fact that this whole scene is outside in front of an old barn and a giant tree.  Who wouldn't want to gather with their family or friends and enjoy a feast outdoors? 

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful, underrated time of the year.  There is something peaceful and calm about it.

The stores may be telling me that's its time to decorate with red and green and lots of glitter, but that just feels wrong to me.  

I went shopping the day BEFORE Halloween this year to one of my favorite stores (rhymes with Barget) and discovered that the Fall decorations were already marked down.  They were clearing shelves and bringing out Christmas stuff.  What a great way to get some deals on stuff that you can still use at Thanksgiving, but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  I suppose that's why I'm not in business or marketing. 

I saw something like this on Facebook: 

 
This isn't meant to be an advertisement for Nordstrom (I'm more of a Target/ thrift store shopper), but how great is it that they are letting us enjoy Thanksgiving before they shove Christmas down our throats and pocketbooks?  Other stores need to take note! 

I love decorated Christmas trees, tinsel and especially Christmas music as much as anyone, but Thanksgiving is such a great holiday and I hate to see it overlooked! And not only is it a meaningful holiday, it can also be so beautiful!  
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! And as I get more "mature" I like Thanksgiving more and more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a comment!